What Are They?
They are parts taken from end-of-life vehicles by an authorised vehicle recycler that are still in good condition and can be used on a different vehicle. They include:
- Engines and other mechanical components such as gearboxes and driveshafts
- Electrical items such as starter motors, fuel injectors, alternators and radiator cooling fans
- External body panels, grilles and bumpers
- Light units
- External mirrors
- Windscreen, sunroof, door and tailgate glass
- Wheels and part-worn tyres
- Interior trims
- Radiators and air conditioning evaporators; and
Why Buy a Reclaimed Part?
The price of reclaimed part is typically less than half the price of a brand-new part from the manufacturer.
Secondly, it’s much more environmentally friendly.
A reclaimed part saves huge amounts of energy and materials that go into making a new part. This reduces greenhouse gas emissions, and all the waste associated with manufacturing.